Knife Storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't like the knife blocks much and I agree with some of you who pointed out that if you have it in a drawer it really eats up a lot of space.

So I prefer having them on the wall. I don't have a picture of my own kitchen but the image below shows the magnets I have bought, I think they are really nice and a bit different.

515240_knivmagnet.gif

I don't like the knife blocks much and I agree with some of you who pointed out that if you have it in a drawer it really eats up a lot of space.

So I prefer having them on the wall. I don't have a picture of my own kitchen but the image below shows the magnets I have bought, I think they are really nice and a bit different.

515240_knivmagnet.gif
Nice! They have a sleeker and cooler look than the magnetic strips. Still the problem of wall space, however, which I just don't have -- I have over 20 knives.

Those are nice.. I have a magnetic strip I'm waiting for some help to get it mounted.. how do those mount to the wall? Screw and lock?
Where did you find them? Thanks!

Wow. Now there's something I've never seen before. Very different and attractive. Are they only available on your side of the Atlantic I wonder???????

From the sales site :

Eva Solo Knife magnets
[515240] 599.00SEK

EVA Solo Knife magnets offer greater flexibility than most conventional knife magnets. You put them just where you use them. Alternatively, all your knives can hang together on the wall, like a sculpture. Each magnets can, depending on the size of the knives, hold two knives simultaneously.

Design: Claus Jensen & Henrik Holbaek

Materials: Stainless steel and rubber

By what means are they attached to the wall? Thanks.

Buzz

I LIKE that one!
Looks like the conversion of 369 sek dollars to US is about $52.

coinmill (dot) com gave me that conversion rate.

Shipping rates are about $12.50 us.

I'll stick with the one I have for now.. but really nice looking items.

The Kapoosh is an intriguing concept, although I see there are a significant number of negative reviews on Amazon. You may want to check those out. Apparently the plastic rods become bent over time, preventing the full insertion of knives, particularly those with large blades. If it were me, I'd go with this one for the same price: Amazon.com: Henckels 20-Slot Super Knife Storage Block: Home & Garden

My brother-in-law has had a Kapoosh for over a year and he just loves it. I just got mine a month or so ago, so I can't speak to its longevity. It handles an eclectic knife collection better than a conventional block.

Here's an idea for saving wall, drawer, and counter space. I have one and use it every day.

139.jpg

It's the Wusthof Swinger - the following info from Cutlery And More:

The Swinger, hardwood under-the-cabinet knife block, mounts easily under your cabinet and swings out at the touch of a finger. An internal magnetic strip holds knives securely. This block can hold up to 8 knives plus a sharpening steel, and will accommodate up to a 10-in. blade. It attaches with 3 screws (included). This great patented design takes up no counter space and keeps your knives handy at all times.

Dimensions: 10.25-in. L x 7.25-in. W x 2.25-in. H (Total Height 3.75-in.)

Weight: 5 lbs

Here's an idea for saving wall, drawer, and counter space. I have one and use it every day.

139.jpg

It's the Wusthof Swinger - the following info from Cutlery And More:

The Swinger, hardwood under-the-cabinet knife block, mounts easily under your cabinet and swings out at the touch of a finger. An internal magnetic strip holds knives securely. This block can hold up to 8 knives plus a sharpening steel, and will accommodate up to a 10-in. blade. It attaches with 3 screws (included). This great patented design takes up no counter space and keeps your knives handy at all times.

Dimensions: 10.25-in. L x 7.25-in. W x 2.25-in. H (Total Height 3.75-in.)

Weight: 5 lbs

That's a great idea. Thanks for posting it.

From the sales site :

Eva Solo Knife magnets
[515240] 599.00SEK

EVA Solo Knife magnets offer greater flexibility than most conventional knife magnets. You put them just where you use them. Alternatively, all your knives can hang together on the wall, like a sculpture. Each magnets can, depending on the size of the knives, hold two knives simultaneously.

Design: Claus Jensen & Henrik Holbaek

Materials: Stainless steel and rubber

By what means are they attached to the wall? Thanks.

Buzz

You put a little metal thingy to the wall and then you just clip on the part with the magnet. It's very easy to put up and looks really nice. Another nice thing is that you can clip it off and wash it any time you want to (e.g. when your wife has a party and her friends stick the knifes back without washing them:mad:)

I bought them locally since I am Swedish and always fly from the airport in Copenhagen but my sister has used the webpage you mentioned and she has good experience. No problems with delivery and fair prices.

The most time and space efficient way to store your knife is in a block that will sharpen it each and every time you put the knife in, and take it out. Just be sure to DRY your knives before storage, because they WILL corrode.

Hey there... you can find a picture by googling for automatic knife sharpener block, or something like that.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom