Lamson Knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CookNow

Cook
I am curious about the quality of Lamson knives; any opinions are welcome.

I've been sniffing around the 6" chef knife (rosewood handle) that Lamson produces, and really liked the balance of a demo that I handled recently. I'm wondering about the quality of the stainless steel that this knife is created from.

My better half doesn't like using the 10" Sabatier that I now own-- too much like a short sword for her taste... (although I love using it), so I'm looking at a nicely-balanced shorter chef knife for her preferences.

I've been sniffing around the 6" chef knife (rosewood handle) that Lamson produces, and really liked the balance of a demo that I handled recently. I'm wondering about the quality of the stainless steel that this knife is created from.

My better half doesn't like using the 10" Sabatier that I now own-- too much like a short sword for her taste... (although I love using it), so I'm looking at a nicely-balanced shorter chef knife for her preferences.

Honestly, I don't know anything about them. German steel, American Made. I'm betting their fairly soft .
if you like the feel..go for it, untill you get to a higher pricepoint most knives have pretty similar steels, if it is't comfortable to use it will just sit in the drawer.

The LamsonSharp is quite stout. It's good for chopping but a bit thick for slicing. It sharpens well but does not hold an edge as well as many of the big bucks powdered metal steels.

Thanks for the responses. As much as I really like the wide blade on their 6" chef, I think I'll go with a different brand in order to benefit from a better grade of steel. I'd been looking at ScanPan's 6" chef as a better option.

For the past few years we'd been using a bunch of Calphalon knives (free samples; DW used to work for them), and we're both tired of how quickly they lose an edge. I've been slowly upgrading our collection with better blades; a 10" carbon steel Sabatier, a 3.5" Shun Elite paring knife, and an 8" F. Dick chef - 1903 style.

Life is short... it's better to have great tools, and enjoy using them!

Back
Top Bottom