Looking for sturdy plastic cutting board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
I'm looking for some sturdy plastic cutting boards... but I have had a hard time finding ones that do not warp or wobble on the counter. I have this Oxo one,

Amazon.com: OXO Good Grips 10-1/2-by-15-Inch Utility Cutting Board, Black: Kitchen & Dining

And it's pretty good, but since it is mostly flush on the counter, it can slide a bit when you get chopping. I have an old one from Crate & Barrel that I really like because it has four feet that really anchor it down... but today's versions all seem to be "reversible" styles, which I understand the appeal of, but to me, I prefer one side to be made to grip the counter.

Does anyone have a good plastic board that has held up well over time, does not warp and does not rock on the counter when chopping? I'm looking for something in the approximate size as the Oxo one linked above (which is 10 inches by 15 inches).

Putting a damp towel under the cutting board stops the slipping. As for the wobbling, it may be your counter and not the board that is the culprit.

I bought a roll of the rubberized mesh shelf liner and cut that to size to go under the cutting boards. I prefer reversible boards for their versatility.

I'm looking for some sturdy plastic cutting boards... but I have had a hard time finding ones that do not warp or wobble on the counter. I have this Oxo one,

Amazon.com: OXO Good Grips 10-1/2-by-15-Inch Utility Cutting Board, Black: Kitchen & Dining

And it's pretty good, but since it is mostly flush on the counter, it can slide a bit when you get chopping. I have an old one from Crate & Barrel that I really like because it has four feet that really anchor it down... but today's versions all seem to be "reversible" styles, which I understand the appeal of, but to me, I prefer one side to be made to grip the counter.

Does anyone have a good plastic board that has held up well over time, does not warp and does not rock on the counter when chopping? I'm looking for something in the approximate size as the Oxo one linked above (which is 10 inches by 15 inches).

We have the same Oxo cutting board and have never had a problem with it slipping. The black edges are sort of a grip-like material that keeps ours in place. However, having said this, I have also done what Andy does, and with great success. I've also used a damp towel, too. Both methods work equally well.

I have 3 cheap ones I got from who knows where.

They have worked fine for all the years I've had them and if there is a problem then a towel under them works wonders.

It doesn't even need to be damp. :whistling

Any cushion will do.

Best one I have came from a restuarant supply store. They had many different sizes. Seems to hold up well, has not wrapped. I seldom use it, as it is large, amybe 16 x 20. So only under special situations do I need something that big.

Back
Top Bottom