Martha and Emeril make bogus knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unbelievable...

«The lawsuit also includes a complaint from a customer who purchased a 5-inch Santouku Knife bearing a counterfeit of the Solingen Certification Mark.»

How can you think to sell fake Solingen knives and no one notice it? :ohmy:

We'll see what happens next...

Martha hasn't been the same since she started running with Joe Boxer and the crowd at Kmart.

Martha has gone Gangsta!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I never have thought that a celebrity's endorsement of any product necessarily means that it is a better product. If you think about it, it is doubtful (IMHO) that either Martha or Emeril (or any other talking toque for that matter) actually use their own brand of cutlery in real life.

I never have thought that a celebrity's endorsement of any product necessarily means that it is a better product. If you think about it, it is doubtful (IMHO) that either Martha or Emeril (or any other talking toque for that matter) actually use their own brand of cutlery in real life.

In general I thnk celebrity-endorsed cookware is usually junk and I steer clear.

One exception is emerilware cookware which is the cheap all clad.

I've always found Martha Stewart products from Macy's to be good quality at reasonable prices. Most other celebrity endorsed products don't usually seem all that great. The Emerilware cookware was an exception, it was actually quality stuff.

I like how the Bobby Flay line was marketed by Kohl's, nice quality, and was made in a very specific style to fit Bobby's culinary point of view with lots of unique items.

I find this knife thing disappointing.

Last edited:
I'm betting Martha and Emeril never even saw the knives in question. Their agents probably just rubber-stamped the approval for them.

I'm betting Martha and Emeril never even saw the knives in question. Their agents probably just rubber-stamped the approval for them.

Just like Kathy-Lee Gifford was so convincing that she didn't know her line of clothing for Walmart was made in sweat shops. ;)

They may not "know", but they should - If I was putting my name on something I would want to know every aspect of it.

Just like Kathy-Lee Gifford was so convincing that she didn't know her line of clothing for Walmart was made in sweat shops. ;)

They may not "know", but they should - If I was putting my name on something I would want to know every aspect of it.
Amen!

I have never been swayed by celebrity hype. I first go by word of mouth. Best endorsement that I know of. Second, I go to Amazon and look at the reviews. First I read the one stars and decide if the poster is just a disgruntled custome or used the product wrong. Then I go to the five stars. If they are saying postive things about the things the one stars were complaining about, then I know that the one stars are just not happy campers.

I have heard a lot of people complain about the merchandize on HSN. QVC not so much. I do know I have never bought anything from QVC that I had to return. I bought a ring from them and had it appraised. We have a jeweler in the family and he was surprised at how little it cost me for the quality. It was a 14K gold with a real aquamarine stone with side diamonds. My birthstone. Aquamarine is very expensive. More so sometimes than the diamonds. One day the stone fell out way after the guarantee ran out. I called customer service and the next day, with overnight delivery, I had a new ring. No questions asked.

Not only was there a problem with MS patio chairs, but the glass on the tables. It would explode with no reason. Several people were seriously hurt by flying glass. I have looked at some of her craft products. Nothing special about them. Same as other brands just way more expensive. She has spread herself too thin and put her name on everything under the sun. Don't even bother to think of buying her linens. Cheap, cheap materials. :angel:

The Hallmark Channel also cancelled her show and replaced her with Marie Osmond. I think Martha has reached the end of her popularity. :angel:

Two other celebrities also lost thier show when she went off the air. The Mad Hungry show, (was a pretty good one too.) and Emeril's Table. They were produced by her company.

Martha has a history of putting out sub par merchandise. When she first started out with bedroom linens, the sheets were 200 thread count, And from there all her merchandise was nothing but junk. But the prices were those for quality items you would want in your home.

Oprah once had a show on the "Martha Effect". Her whole audience were devoted Martha fans. One woman stated that she only did things in her home like Martha would do it. She only cooked recipes of Martha's. She only bought Martha endorsed merchandise. Her whole life was a copy of Martha's. She was a Martha wanabe. I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can become so blind that their whole life is revolved around a celebrity. :angel:

She was a Martha wanabe. I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can become so blind that their whole life is revolved around a celebrity. :angel:

A lot of times, it's because they don't have an image of who they really are unfortunately.

Luckily, I've been pretty much convinced Martha Stewart was the devil from the get go!!! :mrgreen:

A lot of times, it's because they don't have an image of who they really are unfortunately.

Luckily, I've been pretty much convinced Martha Stewart was the devil from the get go!!! :mrgreen:

Say what you mean. When Martha first started out she used to say, "Use only the very best." She caught so much flak from her viewers and fans, she ended up apologizing and now says, "Use only the very best you can afford."

I have never been a fan of Martha's. So many of her fans strived so hard to be like her, never realizing that she had a whole staff behind her doing all the work. Secretly, I live for every bit of news that tells me that once again she got caught. There are actually web sites devoted to present and past lawsuits against her and Onmi Media. She no longer owns the company. She is now an employee of it. When she got out of prison, they made sure that she would never get control again. She is not allowed to buy any stock in it other than what she had before she went into prison. And she had to sell off some of that back to the company. Yea Martha! Keep screwing up. I love it. :angel:

I can almost guarantee her agents rubber stamped her new pies & tarts cookbook. There's no way she tried the pie I made in her new book. I followed the instructions 'to the letter' and it came out runny. She would have been eating her own pie in a bowl with a spoon. It is a great tasting recipe, but I had to fix it the next time I made it. It was delicious. At least I only paid $2 for the used book.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom