Moving out from parents, need new knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toyopl

Assistant Cook
My and my wife are still young (under 30s) and we bought a new house to finally move out of my parents house, and of course this means we have to invest in everything including knives
smile.gif

I had my eye on Tojiro DP series, wanted a 8'' chef, pairing knife, utility knife and a bread slicer sometime after if I like the knives.
However I just recently found this forum and quick search came up with lots of replies about quality of the knife going gown and that they're prone to chipping, this worries me a bit.
Looking at online retailer, the 3pc set is $140 which I think is great price, but if I have to watch out how I cut, to not chip the the knife on chicken bone, I'd rather bump the budget up to a $300 and get a better quality.
I'm new to cooking, I love it, but as you can imagine I can't stretch my wing in my fathers kitchen
smile.gif

I'd prefer western handle, stainless steel or anything that wouldn't make me worry about rusting.
My father has 8'' Wusthof Classic Slicer that I enjoy cutting with, no proper Chef knife in this kitchen
smile.gif

Could use some help.

I use at least five Tojiro DPs at work in a restaurant kitchen and have never had one chip (in almost 10 years). Several of my coworkers also have them and have had similar results. With reasonable care and handling you should have no problem. The Tojiro ITK bread knife at ChefKnivesToGo.com is an excellent bread knife, too.

I've got a Victorinox Forschner Rosewood Block Set. Got them as a gift and I'm more than happy with them. Don't even use my other knives anymore. Just checked the price on Google. The 7 piece set is $188 and the 11 piece is $270.
I only have the 7 piece and I find it's all I need.

We use Raco knives they are brilliant...dont know if you get them over there or not?

Back
Top Bottom