New Knife Set?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd be pretty surprised is a culinary arts student is being taught to use the pinch grip, fwiw!;) Even so, I use a knife with a pinch grip yet I still do care about the handles.

I know you know and I also know that you know that they don't teach how to sharpen either, you know?

Oops, back on topic......

I know you know and I also know that you know that they don't teach how to sharpen either, you know?

LOL, well Im pretty good at sharpening so far, if I do say so myself! But your right about the pinch grip, I dont know what that is. Enlighten me pretty please!

i like the suggeations of getting a few knives- balance is very important & i'm professionally trained to cut pretty cuts.

um, oops you off topic, & now me too, me listening to nonsense YES they teach you to sharpren & steel. each Chef his/her own way.
what's with you instigating..... we tourne, battonet, to each its oen.

um, oops you off topic, & now me too, me listening to nonsense YES they teach you to sharpren & steel. each Chef his/her own way.
what's with you instigating..... we tourne, battonet, to each its oen.

First of all, luvs, THIS is the way I do sharp. Using steels to rip up your edges is decades passe'.

Secondly, stay in the referenced forum and/or goto knifeforums.com "in the kitchen" subforum where many of the members and half of the moderators are pro chefs. Ask them their opinion on culinary school sharpening classes. Be prepared for a lot of LOL's.

Yeah, most culinary school graduates don't have the faintest idea how to sharpen a knife. I did have one that worked for me a few years ago that was a wiz at hand sharpening, but he learned it from his Dad and is an avid hunter & fisherman. He said pretty much everyone at school was always begging him to sharpen their knives for them!:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom