New toy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
While contemplating the knives storage, I decided that I really do not have enough knives. Went and bought myself a present. Now I can give it to my wife so she gift to me for our anniversary that is coming up in a week.

Congrats! I have that exact same knife. I love it.

My only advice is don't run it through the dishwasher, and make sure whoever sharpens it knows what they're doing and has experience with Japanese knives.

Last edited:
William Sonoma.
No never dishwasher.
Will have to learn to sharpen myself. I sharpen all my other knives. The only experience I have with Japanese knives is my sushi knife.

I had that very knife gifted to me. I was terrified of it and gave it to my son Spike. My hands are just too small to handle a knife like that. Eight inches is big enough for me. And I still can have a problem with that size.

Good luck with your new toy Charlie. You deserve it. Oh, and happy anniversary to the both of you.

Enjoy your new toy, Charlie.

Question - does your wife ever see something she wants for a present, pick it up, then give it to you to give to her?

Enjoy your new toy, Charlie.

Question - does your wife ever see something she wants for a present, pick it up, then give it to you to give to her?

On an occasion she would show me a catalog or internet page with a certain item, some times she'd pick something she needs/wants. Yeah, I guess it happens. I am a practical buyer so I buy things to use. She wants toys, useless junk. After I bought her a pencil sharpener (which she used for ten years, at least two of them complaining what a horrible present it was) I've stopped buying useful presents.

Charlie D.

Firstly, this is a beautiful knife .. Use it in good health ..

Presents can be complicated ! Good luck ..

Have a wonderful day ..

On an occasion she would show me a catalog or internet page with a certain item, some times she'd pick something she needs/wants. Yeah, I guess it happens. I am a practical buyer so I buy things to use. She wants toys, useless junk. After I bought her a pencil sharpener (which she used for ten years, at least two of them complaining what a horrible present it was) I've stopped buying useful presents.

Most women want to think of a present as a form of "pampering" - so nothing "useful" unless she is the rare one who actually requests it as a present.

Most women want to think of a present as a form of "pampering" - so nothing "useful" unless she is the rare one who actually requests it as a present.

Unfortunately I am one that wants something useful or something for the house that I consider something I wouldn't ordinary spend the money for. Like a cover for my KA, a large comfortable chair to sit in so I could do my sewing or crocheting, a new small table to do my craft work at.

My kids have a list like this and come Mother's Day or my birthday, they all know the "silly" things I want and why. Right now the list is empty. I need to start another one. The majority of my list is always under $100.

Looks good Charlie!

was reading some of the posts past... LOL I think I've mentioned this somewhere - please forgive if I'm repeating -

At Christmas and my birthday I call my kids to thank them for the gifts...

and they always say.. "So what did we buy you this time?"

They know better than to buy me clothes, perfume, bath salts or a picture for the wall! OK, slippers are ok - they do wear out. Buy me a kitchen gadget or something for the garden... or better yet - let me buy it, I say "Thank You!" and you say "You're Welcome"
easier all the way round... :D

Back
Top Bottom