New Wustoff Knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RPCookin

Executive Chef
I broke down and bought a couple of Wustoff knives last evening. It was my last class session for the course I was taking (Classic Techniques: Essentials) and we got a 10% discount while we were taking the class, I decided to fill a couple of gaps in my knife set. I bought a 6” chef and a 5” boning knife in the Classic series. They feel really good in my hands, and that’s what counts. I’ll give them a good test tomorrow, having most of my family over and cooking for 8. :)

It really drives home the importance a chef places on his knives, when most of the class came over to see what I had and talk knives for a while. One of the next classes I’m planning on taking is “Knife Skills”, and it’s the only piece of kitchen/cooking equipment that has a special class devoted exclusively to it.:mrgreen:

Wusthof classic knives are good knives. I have a small set myself. Have fun in your knife skills class.

I believe I have the small Wustaff boning knife. I love mine. It's razor-sharp, and I keep it that way. I like the quality build.

This morning I halved 2 chickens to marinate, removing the backbone and breastbone, and chopped garlic for the marinade. Then, after finely dicing 8 shallots, half to caramelize for the vinaigrette dressing and half to crystallize for a garnish, peeling and segmenting 4 oranges, also for the salad and dressing, I'm in love with these knives. :chef:

HI, I'm in Colorado too - you can often get really good discount prices on Wusthoff knives if you regularly look in stores such as Ross, Marshalls, and Tuesday Morning. They often have overstock & discontinued lines on really great cookware, pans etc., too. Worth popping in and checking out any time you are near a store...

Best wishes, Paint.

I have several Wustoff knives and like them all. I have learned one inescapable rule: KEEP THEM SHARP. No knife is worth a good gol' darned if it is let to go dull. I sharpen my knives at home with a whet stone and oil. I keep them edge keen with a diamond steel. and every few months I take them for a professional sharpening.

Back
Top Bottom