"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Knives

Old 02-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Paderno World Cuisine knives - feedback/experience?

Anyone have any experience with this company? Surfing Amazon they offer what seems to be a really nice forged knife at a very competitive price. How ever there are times I just don't want to go by a picture alone. This especially true for a knife. Feed back appreciated

Old 02-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

I couldn't find any real info on the knife. The company appears to be kitchen gadgets manufacturer. For the money, I'd recommend getting a knife from a knife manufacturer.

Check out the knife forum.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #3
Senior Cook

I hear you Andy. If this was an every day knife then I think there would be no way to go but to the knife manufacturer. The knife I was looking at was the Paderno World Cuisine 14 1/8" Ham Slicing Knife, Scalloped (granton) with Forged Blade. In the back of my mind is how bigger outfits get special deals from the manufacturer. Williams and Sonoma have their cast iron pots made to their colors by LaCreuset. Sears WalMart and other retailers negotiate with suppliers. So for a knife 'to ham it up' as part of the presentation at a party the full price for a brand name is much higher than I was willing to go. Even as I say that their price for a forged blade is twice that of a stamped blade. I do like the way a forged blade holds an edge. So it is will likely outlast me. Ever order anything from them?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

ham slicers