President's Choice knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m00nwater

Cook
Has anyone from Canada tried these knives? I'm pretty sure they are only available at Loblaws, Superstore, etc.

I bought a paring knife for a few weeks ago just to try it out, and it's decent.

I was just wondering if anyone has bought any other PC knives and what you thought of them? If I can find a good substitute for Henckels at a lower price, I'm all for it. I've got a few Henckels, but they can get to be an expensive addiction!

How come the brand is called President's Choice?
Canada doesn't have a President.
It should be called Prime Minister's Choice, shouldn't it?
I would not recommend these knives, LOL

Haven't seen them down here in the mid eastcoast states yet Moon.
But what the heck, if the paring knife is working for you it may be worth your while to try one of thier boning knives or a small slicing knife to see if the quality is the same.

How come the brand is called President's Choice?
Canada doesn't have a President.
It should be called Prime Minister's Choice, shouldn't it?
I would not recommend these knives, LOL

Why? I understand that Pierre Trudeau made a dynamite souffle!

Haven't seen them down here in the mid eastcoast states yet Moon.
But what the heck, if the paring knife is working for you it may be worth your while to try one of thier boning knives or a small slicing knife to see if the quality is the same.

Ya, I'm thinking that it might be worth a try anyway. Unless, of course, I see a sale on Henckels

:-p

There are a few smaller US grocery retailers that carry Presidents choice food products, Harris Teeter in North Carolina carried them for a while.

One thing that I have learned about knives is: If it fits well in your hand, you are comfortable using it, and you can keep it sharp, then it is a good knife for you.

A $300 knife that doesn't fit your hand, or is too heavy, or isn't properly cared for... well why bother

(The presidents choice insider magazine came in yesterdays paper, just in time for the holidays)

G.

Well i think they are great... i'm 20 years old and i've been cooking in fine restaurant for 6 years and these knives are very good for the price you pay.....for sure J.A. henckels knives would be better...beut if your willing toi pay 100 for a 8 '' chef knif instead of 35 $...then its a matter of choice..i always use my PC chef knif for every thing and only needed to sharped it twice in a year and half....i consider this very good for a all purpose chef knif....

I find it hard to believe that someone who lives in Michigan does not know the name "President's Choice" and Loblaws.....oh well, ....but, P.C. stuff is very good.....we use a great deal of it....try it, you might like it.....

Well i think they are great... i'm 20 years old and i've been cooking in fine restaurant for 6 years and these knives are very good for the price you pay.....for sure J.A. henckels knives would be better...beut if your willing toi pay 100 for a 8 '' chef knif instead of 35 $...then its a matter of choice..i always use my PC chef knif for every thing and only needed to sharped it twice in a year and half....i consider this very good for a all purpose chef knif....

Wow, you are only 20 and have been cooking in a restaurant for 6 years? You must be a prodigy!:turned:

ella/TO,
I live in Michigan, and worked for quite a while in Oakville. I know the brands, I was just joking

Back
Top Bottom