Quality Gift Steak Knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Robo410 - those New West knives have to be the lovliest knives I've ever seen!! However, not sure if I want to celebrate this engagement THAT much - lol!!!!

I first saw New West Knives on Food Network, then came across them at a trade show and got to try the chefs knife out. I was sold! The steak knives are mighty fine and the box they come in is a beauty too. They are handmade.

I recommend Chicago Cutlery the Landmark 75 anniversary set this set is very dependable..Also it comes with a lifetime warranty..

I also have the Wusthof Carbon-Steel Steak-Knives (set of 4). You have to treat them just as you would other carbon-steel knives though - hand wash/dry (to prevent rust spots), and sharpen them every once in a while.

They slice everything like butter. Personally I don't like serrated steak knives, as they often tear the meat rather than cut it, and unless you get special serrations, it's tough to resharpen them.

While the sturdy forged blade/bolster/tang feels nice in the hand, you could certainly get by with stamped blades for steak knives.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom