Question About A Lost Knife.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trippwojohn

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone--

Several years ago I was given a chef's knife that had a knob for your thumb up near the handle. It allowed for a fantastic rocking motion, and made it very easy to chop and mince. The knife was lost in a recent move, and I sorely miss it. I am having a hard time finding a replacement, and I wondered if anyone knew of anything similar. Does this knife have a particular name or anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lawd above only knows what knife you lost...I, too, had a "special" knife that I "bonded too" that went-a-missin' about 2 yrs. ago or so... *cries like a baby* :(
It was some generic paring knife that I "lost" (I HIGHLY SUSPECT that my SS had something to do w/my knifes' missing,...but..sadly no proof) - its just GONE is my biggest issue. *sobs*
I had my knife around 15 yrs. or so. Never have been able to replace it. I sincerely do wish you best of luck in replacing yours.

Rob, I am not sure if a "miracle" knife exists...except to say that I USED to have a knife that I depended on for darn near EVERYTHING that I used in the kitchen DAILY...well, one day, my knife went "gone", &...I have never seen it since. :( I have tried to replace the ancient scrap of metal since, but....nope!! My dearly departed scrap o' metal is just GONE!! :,(

It looked sort of like that, but the knob wasn't on top of the blade like that...it was set a bit lower on the blade, more like where your thumb would naturally lie. Thanks, though! Out of curiosity, have you used the knives you posted the link to?

Naw, just saw 'em on an infomercial. They just looked a bit like the description you gave.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom