"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Knives

Old 04-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #11
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Babcock View Post
Yeah, he needs to tweak that one. A suji shouldn't have a belly like a gyuto but it shouldn't be that flat either. I'm eager to see the finished product- he seems to love knives and does great work.
I must have misstated something. HT's proto is a Gyuto...

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and those who have met them in battle. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." Unknown
buzzard767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Quote:
Btw, does Butch have a price list for services like rehandling? I like his work and wouldnt mind having him to a couple for me, assuming it's a service he offers and not a one-of for a buddy.
Have not seen a price list. PM him on KF. I think he told me that prices needed to go up a tad but the hippie thingie he did for me last fall was relatively inexpensive and his workmanship - first rate. I gave him a little extra gratus for doing a rush job and shipping the knife direct to my sis in Wisconsin so it would be there for Christmas.

gotta go so I can be back in time for the Masters par 3 tourney on ESPN at 3 EDT

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and those who have met them in battle. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." Unknown
buzzard767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #13
Head Chef

Thread resurrect!

Just curious, Buzz- you still have the Yoshikane? Where you did you originally buy the knife, TBT?
Old 01-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Quote:
Just curious, Buzz- you still have the Yoshikane? Where you did you originally buy the knife, TBT?
Whoa. Thread resurrection. TBT is correct. If I recall, it was a few bucks less expensive than other sites. Also, TBT is where I bought all the Sabs to ebay, nice people. Yes, I still have it. It's truly a great knife and I'll probably gift it in my will. I've read some threads about its needing to be thinned but I'm not convinced. I've used it side by side with my Takeda which is very thin and I really don't see any difference. Both are kept very sharp so perhaps there would be a difference in cutting were they both somewhat dull. Then again, that's not gonna happen in my kitchen.

Buzz