Sharpening the Chinese cleaver...
After buying and using my Chinese Cleaver knife, I realize it was not sharp at all. So I decided to sharpen it. I ve checked many how-to's and here's the way I came up to :
- Soak a sharpening stone for 1 hour (mine is cheap)
- Put it over a wet towel to prevent it from moving.
- Place the stone perpendicular to the edge of the table
- Put the knife on top, flat.
- Tilt the knife till the edge is in contact with the stone
- Approximately 12°
- Start moving back and forth 10 times
- Do the same on the other side
- Repeat the process one more time
This is a simple way to sharpen it, but is works very well. you should end with a sharp knife, an effective tool. If you have some questions, or if you need more info please ask...