Steak knives, again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nancylee

Assistant Cook
Sorry to bring this up AGAIN, but I am going to order steak knives and would like to know if there is a quality difference in Henckels signature sold at Williams sonoma and the Henckels gourmet sold on amazon? Thanks for your help with my Christmas shopping.
nancylee
spacer.gif

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, geneva][FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT][/FONT]

Williams Sonoma is going to be pricey...it is not a discout store. I believe the twin cuisine is the top line, signature is next and the gourmet is a lesser line. and amazon does buy in bulk and sell for less. GO to the Henckels website and check out the two lines.

THe difference seems to be the handle, but maybe the blade is thicker too. Hard to tell from store adds.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I prefer plain edge blades even for steak knives. For bread or cake, a serrated slicer is appropriate. 'But tomatoes? Plain edge please.

The old adage "don't use a plate as a cutting board" applys to steak knives also.

Keeping plain edge steak knives sharp enough to cut easily is a pain if you ask me.

I've never tried to sharpen steak knives...To me steak knives are a disposeable item...buy them fairly inexpensive...if they dull or whatever else might happen...throw them away and buy new ones....
I own Wusthof, Henckels, Forschner and a couple other brands of knives...However when I reach for a knife it is usually just a plain old Dexter/Russel "Sani-Safe" that most Res. supply stores carry.
Besides...the steaks I cook...we just usually cut them with a fork:LOL:

For steak knives I suggest the japanese set, there sharp and durable.
Japanese cleaver is also the best esp if you're in a hurry to dice some vegeables there's nothing it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom