The Newest "Gotta Have It!" Tool For The Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look nicer than the tired old streak knives that some places insist on using. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

on-the-burger-trail-crafty-cow_fullsize_story1.jpg

Umm - that's a butter knife. You can buy an almost identical thing in Tesco (UK supermarket) for about $5 (equivalent)!

Someone thinks Americans are stupid.

hmmm.... someone might be right! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

a glorified butter knife with a fancy knife name... woo hoo

I don't even do burgers... but being North American... I want a set!!!

...Someone thinks Americans are stupid.
Except that Wüsthof is a German company and the Epicurious article appears to be mocking the knife's creation. BTW, Epicurious is a U.S. based magazine. Methinks Americans are smarter than we look. ;)

hmmm.... someone might be right! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:..I don't even do burgers... but being North American... I want a set!!!
Look away! Look away! You still have time to save yourself! :mrgreen:

Except that Wüsthof is a German company and the Epicurious article appears to be mocking the knife's creation. BTW, Epicurious is a U.S. based magazine. Methinks Americans are smarter than we look. ;)

And it's Europeans who typically cut burgers with a knife. Our Danish exchange student did that. In public. In a restaurant. :shock:

Per a linked story within the article that Andy first posted, the McDonald's in France are providing plastic cutlery with their higher-end burgers so that their customers can have utensils to cut their burgers. And, I suppose, hold their pinky fingers in the air, GG. :cool:

"McDonald's" and "higher-end burgers" just don't belong in the same sentence...:ermm:

OK, I confess. I secretly yearn for the inappropriate use of cutlery for handheld foods.

I'm a closet cutlery snob.

Hamburgers are not a hand held food in half of Sweden and I am used to eating them with fork and knife.

I cut burgers in half to eat if they are piled high with stuff, especially if out in public. Less messy to eat and less chance of any dribbles. Not going to be buying special knives to do it with though.

I cut burgers in half to eat if they are piled high with stuff, especially if out in public. Less messy to eat and less chance of any dribbles. Not going to be buying special knives to do it with though.

I find that cutting a well appointed burger in half just increases the mess, as now it's 2 equally tall stacks of smaller pieces - much more difficult to hold it all together.

Besides, that sort of a burger is supposed to be a bit messy. That's why you ask the server for extra napkins. :ROFLMAO:

I find that cutting a well appointed burger in half just increases the mess, as now it's 2 equally tall stacks of smaller pieces - much more difficult to hold it all together.

Besides, that sort of a burger is supposed to be a bit messy. That's why you ask the server for extra napkins. :ROFLMAO:
+1 [emoji38]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom