URI Eagle Ceramic Knives?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ordered a 5.5 inch Kyocera Ceramic Santoku from Amazon for $60 (with free shipping) and am now waiting for it to arrive.

According to the USPS tracking system, it is in my town. I assume I'll get it today or tomorrow. What's frustrating is, between low prep meals and holiday visiting, I won't be needing any knife work for the next three days.

I'll have to sacrifice an onion to test it out.

It arrived this afternoon. I got the black Revolution model.

I'm looking forward to using it for the first time.

I'm assuming "wow" is a good thing Jet. Andy M. - how do you like your knife? My MIL loves my ceramics - I bought her one for Christmas, I can't wait to give it to her!

I still haven't used it!

Last night we had roast chicken and brown rice. No need for a knife. Over the weekend was the same kind of thing. Tonight it's - off to a restaurant.

Maybe one day...

I'm assuming "wow" is a good thing Jet. Andy M. - how do you like your knife? My MIL loves my ceramics - I bought her one for Christmas, I can't wait to give it to her!
A really good thing!

Last edited:
I still haven't used it!

Last night we had roast chicken and brown rice. No need for a knife. Over the weekend was the same kind of thing. Tonight it's - off to a restaurant.

Maybe one day...

Time to man up and sacrifice an onion. If need be, we'll take up a collection and PayPal you replacement cost for the produce. Just give us the dish!

OK, OK. I diced an onion.

It's much lighter than the steel counterpart I have on the wall. It's very sharp and did a good job of making a whole onion into a lot of tiny pieces.

It is comfortable for me to use. The key will be that it will stay this sharp for a long time. Right now I'm glad I got it. I have to use it more to form a real opinion.

The problem is, it's not magnetic. I kave my knives on a magnetic strip on the wall. The Kyocera won't stick to the magnet. I currently have it in a knife safe in a drawer.

Last night we had roast chicken and brown rice. No need for a knife.
I think those rice grains could have been made a little smaller.

Enjoy the knife Andy. I can't wait to hear what you think after you have played with it for a while.

When the knife arrived, I gave SO the litany of how sharp and how brittle it was and how careful you had to be or it would break. She told me to keep it away from her. She'd never touch it. Exactly the reaction I wanted.

OK, OK. I diced an onion.

It's much lighter than the steel counterpart I have on the wall. It's very sharp and did a good job of making a whole onion into a lot of tiny pieces.

It is comfortable for me to use. The key will be that it will stay this sharp for a long time. Right now I'm glad I got it. I have to use it more to form a real opinion.

The problem is, it's not magnetic. I kave my knives on a magnetic strip on the wall. The Kyocera won't stick to the magnet. I currently have it in a knife safe in a drawer.

It should stick. As I mentioned somewhere else in this thread, they have to put metal in them so airport metal detectors can pick them up (can't have Osama and his merry band of chefs taking over a plane with a santoku). That's really weird it's not. How strong is the magnet?

It should stick. As I mentioned somewhere else in this thread, they have to put metal in them so airport metal detectors can pick them up (can't have Osama and his merry band of chefs taking over a plane with a santoku). That's really weird it's not. How strong is the magnet?

Whether it should stick or not, it doesn't.

The magnet is strong enough to hold up all my other knives. There is no magnetic attraction with this knife.

I regularly travel to our timeshare in Aruba with two metal knives in my luggage with no problems. As long as you check your bag, the knives are OK.

I regularly travel to our timeshare in Aruba with two metal knives in my luggage with no problems. As long as you check your bag, the knives are OK.

Ceramic knives are required to have metal in the handle to keep them from passing through airport metal detectors. Checked luggage is a different story.

Back
Top Bottom