US Navy knives?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popeye59

Assistant Cook
I was wondering if anyone knows who makes the knives the Navy uses? When I was still in the Navy, I handled some of them and found that they were pretty decent knives. They had a black plastic type handle and really kept an edge.

Check Bokker Knives and you can find knives that are general issue Navy knives, as well as some S.E.A.L. gear. They have a complete line of tactical knives of every sort.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

No, these are not tactical knives I'm talking about. These are the knives uses by the Navy cooks

OK, but does Boker make the knives the Navy uses? They don't look like them to me.

This knife beat the competition, even among fixed blades, for a survival type knife. Not a bad price either. It's on my "I need one of these" list, lol.
Just sayin', since Boker was brought up...

I was wondering if anyone knows who makes the knives the Navy uses? When I was still in the Navy, I handled some of them and found that they were pretty decent knives. They had a black plastic type handle and really kept an edge.

How long ago were you in?

I'll bet they were Victorinox Forschner. Many commercial butchers use these, as do many fish mongers. They are cheap, durable, hold an edge well and can often be bought used and reground for a couple bucks. I have a few and mainly use them to fillet fish.

Craig

Last edited:
I managed to acquire 2 of the Navy knives. One was a 6" or 8" boning knife and the other a 12" roast carving knife. The carving knife has a partially visible logo that looks kind of like a Scimitar with a word starting with On in it. I thought of Ontario Knives as they make the Old Hickory series but these are nothing like them.

They were made by the same people who make everything our military uses; the lowest bidder!

Back
Top Bottom