What non-mainsream knives do you covet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could even make your name glow in its side with a small watch battery imbedded in the handle to power the luminescent carbon nanotube pixels. And forget about a computer to store you favorite recipes. There could be a memory storage device in the handle as well, with the info displaying on the blade on those same pixels, all made from the same miracle material. Too coooool.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Do they have those at Epicurean Edge yet? I'd like to order one if they come with a free saya. :rolleyes:

Bismark Metalcraft in Tasmania (Australia) produce some very good knives. I was emailing Ken Bradford about getting a 10" chef's knife before some personal issues prevented me spending money on luxuries for a few months and he was quoting a starting price of ~$400 AUD for a knife of that size.

With money and availability no object what knives would you buy that are non-mainstream knives?

For me I covet the Goldhamster range from Eberhard Schaaf, and I'd crawl over broken glass to get one of their Chef's knives, even though I am a Sabatier man through and through when it comes to Chef's knives.

Goodell Co made some pretty nice stuff. My pet clam knife was made by them. I share your fondness for Schaaf's Goldhamster.

I don't want to stray off topic and know that most of you are Japanese knife fans, but I'm in process of a final move overseas to Costa Rica, and have two mint-condition Randall knives I'm not planning to take with me. If anyone's interested, send me a private message. I'll make you a great deal on them if you can buy both (maybe a third).

Back
Top Bottom