Which Bread Knife is the Best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunky

Assistant Cook
What is the best bread knife I can buy?

A link to the knife would be appreciated.

The one that feels most comfortable in your hand is a place to start.;)

Just for basics, it should be long, have wide serrations, and an offset handle is nice.

I got an offset handled one 20+ years ago with my original Breadman breadmaker, but it rarely gets used since we don't bake bread much, and most bread we buy is already sliced, or we get it sliced in the bakery.

Last edited:
Hi, what I am looking for is a specific knife that people have used and are recommending. I presume this has been previously decided on the forum.

Thanks

I'm sorry I can't help much more. The search function in the tool bar doesn't work on my phone. But you might give that a shot until someone, probably one of our bread people, shows up.

Hi, what I am looking for is a specific knife that people have used and are recommending. I presume this has been previously decided on the forum.

Thanks

Hi, Bunky. Welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

You will find that there is no single bread knife that is best for everyone. We can only tell you what to look for in a good knife, and then you should go to a store and try them out.

Having a knife that feels comfortable in your hand is very important, both for ease of use and for safety.

Thanks

I use this Dexter Russell bread knife (under $20):

612gJYryZML._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
The one that feels most comfortable in your hand is a place to start.;)

Yes, the one that suits your hand and budget is best.

A serrated bread knife is an essential tool but is very utilitarian, so it needn't be fancy or expensive. Spend your knife money on your chef's knife.

I didn't know there were so many decisions and choices when it comes to a bread knife.

The one I use is very, very long and thin and serrated from handle to tip on one side. I've had it for well over 40 years and really have no clue where it came from. It's always served me well. It's nearly identical to this one.

Good luck on your quest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom