The very first cook on my new Cobb grill was a total FAIL. I cut down a rack of spareribs so they'll fit on the rack then realized on second thought I should have simply rolled the entire slab and skewered it for a better, cleaner fit. First FAIL.
After I started the coals I waited a few minutes before putting on the ribs. The cooker eventually settled at around 260F and slowly crept up to 300F at the third hour. Not bad. I let the ribs cook without checking for 4+ hours. Second FAIL. I should have checked the ribs at the third hour. Also, I knew the water reservoir had dried out by that point.
The ribs came out a bit charred on the underside and pretty dry overall, but eatable, mostly due to the dry rub I used...lol... Sorry, no photos of the failed ribs.
I think I basically need to cut down on fuel quantity and check on the meat periodically on the next cook.
But overall so far I like this cooker.