CobbUSA getting more Lokkii Charcoal disks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caslon

Executive Chef
CobbUSA http://www.cobbq.com/cobb-fire-and-smoke.html emailed me saying they will be shipping them late Oct. 2011.
They were available 2 years ago in the US, but have since vanished from any vendor here in the US. I culled the net for about 4 hours using any means possible to purchase them. Europe has plenty (for some odd reason). I ended up buying some on eBay (rarely auctioned) but they haven't arrived yet. They came to about $3 per disk, shipping included. The ones from Cobb will cost $3 per + shipping.

Coconut shell instant light charcoal disks in action. Different brand, same design:
How to light KingsGrill with one match stick? - YouTube

Attachments

• cobb.jpg
    cobb.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:

hmmmm? It was just a heads up for US Cobb Grill users. I've seen many a post elsewhere of Cobb Grill users lamenting they can't get them anymore.

Now they can, err, in about a month. It'll probably be the only place you can order them within the United States, which to me is mind boggling. I saw many a pic of asian warehouses with tons in boxes stacked to the ceiling waiting for a distributor.

Last edited:
hmmmm? It was just a heads up for US Cobb Grill users. I've seen many a post elsewhere of Cobb Grill users lamenting they can't get them anymore.

Now they can, err, in about a month. It'll probably be the only place you can order them within the United States, which to me is mind boggling. I saw many a pic of asian warehouses with tons in boxes stacked to the ceiling waiting for a distributor.

Edit: I'm a gadget freak and I find this method of gadget bbq'ing on a smaller scale almost a hobby of mine each summer.

About these bbq Cobb fuel disks, they're the instant lite kind and probably have a shelf life. Even so, I think they're neat, literally.

Last edited:
They don't. You can use ordinary briquettes.

I almost ordered a Cobb grill a few weeks ago when Woot had it as their featured product for a day.

I haven't looked at on (online) in a few years. I thought I remembered them using regular charcoal... I sure hope all those Cobb grill users weren't waiting on that one particular fuel. :LOL:

The Cobb DOES use ordinary charcoal, but there is an ease of use factor using one briquette, especially if camping where you don't want to haul along a bag of charcoal, a firestarter, lighter fluid.

Last edited:
I don't want to sound too skeptical but they want $12.50 for 4 briquettes? :ohmy: That seems a tad excessive to me. Am I missing something?

That's a heckuva deal, Roadie. I bet it will be fun to play around with.
I'd love to get one just to have a mini smoker, but I see no way to control temps. Those things don't have vents you can damper, do they?

That's a heckuva deal, Roadie. I bet it will be fun to play around with.
I'd love to get one just to have a mini smoker, but I see no way to control temps. Those things don't have vents you can damper, do they?

I thought about that too, and I'm sure I can modify it slightly by adding a controllable vent.

In tandem with this Woot deal Cobb USA is offering 50% off on all accessories so I jumped on that deal too and ordered 3 essential items for the grill.
The Cobb USA discount code is "wootdeal23".

I thought about that too, and I'm sure I can modify it slightly by adding a controllable vent.

In tandem with this Woot deal Cobb USA is offering 50% off on all accessories so I jumped on that deal too and ordered 3 essential items for the grill.

Cobb's discount makes it more appealing, as a few of the reviews I just read says there are a couple must have items. It should be fun. :chef:

Congrats on your new gadget.

I just received my Cobb Grill dome extender. Now I can use my small chicken roasting stand without it hitting the top of the dome and preventing it from seating closed. I'm pretty sure a full sized roaster stand wouldn't fit, even with the dome extender. I can use the roasting rack for full sized chickens.

Two quick tips: EZ OFF Fume Free oven cleaner makes clean up a snap with no elbow grease. I used ajax and other cleaners that wouldn't even phase the baked on brown haze. EZ OFF cleaned it in minutes.

The roasting rack can be easily secured to the grilling plate. Once it's seated on the grill plate, cut up 4 wooden skewers and force them into the wire feet that protrude below the plate. Now when you use the prong tool to remove the plate to add coals, the wire roasting rack won't awkwardly lift up also.

Don't forget that Cobb will be getting in more Lokkii charcoal disks soon.
There's a box of 48 on eBay right now for $65 free shipping. A good deal if they are still relatively fresh stock ($1.50 ea).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lokkii-BBQ-...ltDomain_0&hash=item4cfa3e7bab#ht_2578wt_1393

Last edited:

I suppose you could just stuff some dome holes with aluminum foil, however I would think the existing upward airflow probably needs to be maintained for maximum heat and efficiency, by design.
Also, some people drill out more holes on the grill plate for more direct heat. I might do the same.

Last edited:
I ordered the dome extender, the fenced roasting rack, and the fry pan.

I also saw that video on U Tube where the guy drilled out the diffuser pan. I think he was doing a whole rack of ribs. The drippings will hit the coals but some like it that way, in addition to the direct heat.

I think you can even cook corn on the Cobb....:)

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have fun with my new gadget...:)))

Last edited:
I gave that Cobb on Woot! the ol' hairy eyeball for awhile but didn't pull the trigger. Dang, not I wish I would have! I didn't realize that's about 1/2 price. Woot! has a lot of good deals. And I have at least 50 Woot! shirts!:LOL:

I received my new toy I ordered from Woot yesterday. The accessories for the cooker which I had ordered separately from Cobb USA came in yesterday as well.
Now I need to decide what I'm going to cook in it this weekend...))))

Attachments

• P1060247.jpg
    P1060247.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 321
Back
Top Bottom