Gas grill tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've seen a few replies from people who say that they never use them. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I use mine all the time. Rather than run in and out of the house to check on side dishes, I can cook up a pot of rice or beans or whatever right next to where I'm cooking everything else. The question for me is why wouldn't I use it? It's another burner.
Excellent point, especially since I don't have any gas burners on my stove.

A side burner is lovely to use when you want to fry something
and dont want your house to smell like it for the next 3 days!

...How much use is a side burner?

I've seen a few replies from people who say that they never use them. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I use mine all the time. ...

I bet you're partying on the deck with friends while you cook Steve! ;)

I suppose it's also dependent on where you're serving when the food is done. If your friends/family are sitting on the deck waiting for the food to pop off the grill you will use a burner just so you can be where everyone else is. In our case we haven't replaced our deck since we ripped it off for a sun room six years ago. Himself cooks outside on the ground level patio, then hands the food up to me in the sun room where we might eat. Or we'll eat in the kitchen if the weather isn't that warm and it's just the two of us (sun room has its own heating source). Either way, I've been in the kitchen cooking all the sides. When we move and have to buy a new grill side burner or no will be determined by whether or not we plan on entertaining outside.

I would say if you're cooking and serving guests outside you'll find the burner (or two) indispensable. If everything will end up inside it's a judgement call on what works for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom