"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Gear: Grills, Smokers & Pits
View Poll Results: How often to do grill?
Once a week or less. 9 36.00%
Two or three times a week. 15 60.00%
Four to six times a week. 1 4.00%
Once a day. 0 0%
More than once a day. 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #31
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I've gotten lazier than ever in my old age and I know if I had to deal with lighting charcoal every time, I wouldn't grill very much at all. Every once in a while I see a Weber charcoal grill in a store and think how good it would be to have one. However, I come to my senses fairly quickly.
She noticed, thats why she bought you one! haha

JK

Old 06-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #32
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
She noticed, thats why she bought you one! haha

JK
That's the beauty of having both. No pressure.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:43 PM   #33
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
That's the beauty of having both. No pressure.
LOL, no kiddin. I need to get me a good gasser. It does kind of bite having to wait 15 minuetes for the lump to be ready. with a gasser its like 5 minutes and we are ready to roll.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:07 AM   #34
Assistant Cook

Not nearly as much as I used to. Before 2009, I probably grilled 4 or 5 times a week, even in winter. Living in Prince George, that says a lot.

The past two years I've been learning how to prepare Oriental and Indian cuisines, and they are not grill happy foodstyles.

I've mastered 25 or so dishes by memory from these areas, and will probably go back to grilling again on a regular basis this summer.

I tend to do things in cycles. Always have.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

2-3x/week lately, but in the summer I'm probably around 7-8. That obviously includes some lunches. And I use propane 98% of the time, but sometimes I'll break down my WSM and use the bottom section as a charcoal grill, or I'll sear a tuna steak on my chimney charcoal starter, ala Alton Brown. Charcoal definitely adds a subtle difference to taste, but no way I would grill that much using a charcoal grill, plus charcoal seems so darn expensive compared to propane. And I do enjoy cooking on the stove, too, so sometimes all that's going on the grill is corn on the cob when it's in season, or other grilled veggies/sides. I'm pretty sure I would not grill as much if I used charcoal exclusively.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #36
Executive Chef

I chose "2-3 times" as this represents a good balance for the year, not including what is done on the pit. My motto is "Gas is an abomination". It is only good for crawfish boils, steaming crabs, blackening etc., but not to direct or indirect cook with!

Craig
Old 01-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #37
Senior Cook

For me, it's the same with Craig. I usually grill 2 - 3 times weekly, I just love the flavored of a grilled meat and veges. :)
Old 01-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #38
Executive Chef

I grill whenever I can, and when it is just too darn cold or it is too darn windy (happens here often), then I use my indoor George forman grill with the removable plates. It isn't the same, but it is good in its own way. In the summer, I try to grill at least 4 times a week, but in the winter I have lots of other things I like to make in the oven.