"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Gear: Grills, Smokers & Pits

Old 03-16-2007, 05:59 AM   #11
Assistant Cook

masonry oven/grill/smoker

hello twags....i'm just in the beginning of the thinking proces to build a masonry oven/smoker/grill myself....i've cut (well, HAD SOMEONE ELSE DO THE FIRST CUTTING) A 150 gallon propane tank for the smoker part.....just cut a lid in it so far....was thinking of building a masonry oven and routing the heat and smoke from the flue into the smoker....as far as grilling, i would just use the smoker as a grill.....that is, put a rack in the bottom of the smoker (its a cylindrical tank oriented like a typical propane tank) for wood...and a rack above it for the food.....burn the wood down to coals etc....have u made any progress on your project....i would love to see pics on what you've come up with....here is a link to an australian guy who sells plans for a masonry oven..... Wood pizza oven Building wood burning brick bread ovens he seems to know what he's talking about....

Old 09-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

Tracy i'm new to the forum, I also am wanting to build your type smoker\grill send me a email if you don't mind with your ideas. Thanks

L

Old 09-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldimler View Post
Tracy i'm new to the forum, I also am wanting to build your type smoker\grill send me a email if you don't mind with your ideas. Thanks

L
If you click on the user name in that post, you will see that they haven't been active since 2006. I don't think you are going to get that e-mail.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
Master Chef

Welcome ldimler, man, you sure dredged up an old thread...:)