Meet Joe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see everything except a heat deflector included. One of those would be required for baking. If the grill is 18" diameter KJ and BGE accessories might work in it.

It is a Vision brand Kamodo as in a product modeled after the 3000 year old Japanese ovens originally brought to the United States by military personnel following WWII.

KamodoJoe
BigGreenEgg
Akcorn
Cypress
Kommodo

All make Kamodo style grills.

Joe's pizza

ForumRunner_20130511_185057.jpg

Sure beats the Weber I had many years ago. One of the features I saw and fell in love with is that the lid is HINGED! The one thing I hated about the simple Weber I had. I always had to be careful where I put the hot lid.

Great food. We have a gas grill here that we can use anytime we want to. But I don't like gas grills. It doesn't give the flavor that charcoal gives the food.

You have a winner. And I am in love with Joe! :angel:

Joes new table.

I got busy out in the shop this week and built a new table for Joe. The stand he came with was kind of wobbly and the little side shelves were too small to be very useful.

Made of western red cedar. Heavy duty dado construction on all load bearing parts.

ForumRunner_20130607_124119.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130607_122747.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130607_122747.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Great job. Beautiful table. Care to build me a one story home? I take it that the bucket on the bottom shelf is for water in case of fire. Any danger of Joe getting too hot and scorching the table. I see where you cut a hole in the top so the bottom is on the next shelf. Well constructed with a lot of thought. :angel:

I take it that the bucket on the bottom shelf is for water in case of fire. Any danger of Joe getting too hot and scorching the table. I see where you cut a hole in the top so the bottom is on the next shelf. Well constructed with a lot of thought. :angel:

The bucket is to collect the ashes/cinders from the sliding door at the bottom. Joe's sides get warm but not hot enough to combust the table. On the bottom shelf are 2 2x24x24 concrete blocks. Joe sits on one of them, the other is for hot accessories.

Back
Top Bottom