New To Smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mugsy... can you smoke in the winter??? YES! I do... we lve at 6000 feet elevation in the rocky mountains, and smoke/grill all year long. In the winter I sometimes have to scrape off the snow/ice, then crank that sucker up.

No problem. Now, I use gas, and a lot of people will say it's not "real" unless its charcoal... I say sure- whatever you say... I grew up in Memphis with the best BBQ in the world... IMNSHO... and I use gas- so there you go. Everyone loves my grilling and smoking.
Is it hard to grill/cook in the winter- no not really. I have the clothes. The grill has the heat- just turn it on and there you go.

Hopz said:
mugsy... can you smoke in the winter??? YES! I do... we lve at 6000 feet elevation in the rocky mountains, and smoke/grill all year long. In the winter I sometimes have to scrape off the snow/ice, then crank that sucker up.

No problem. Now, I use gas, and a lot of people will say it's not "real" unless its charcoal... I say sure- whatever you say... I grew up in Memphis with the best BBQ in the world... IMNSHO... and I use gas- so there you go. Everyone loves my grilling and smoking.
Is it hard to grill/cook in the winter- no not really. I have the clothes. The grill has the heat- just turn it on and there you go.

How would a charcoal smoker fare in the cold? Not that my cold here compares to your cold there. I just wonder how a charcoal smoker would do in 30-40 degree temps.

vagriller said:
How would a charcoal smoker fare in the cold? Not that my cold here compares to your cold there. I just wonder how a charcoal smoker would do in 30-40 degree temps.

It works. Might take a little longer. I do it year round.

Bangbang said:
I don't think the Bullet would work in low temps unless you keep it away from the wind.

I have a good grilling patio that is sheltered from the elements. I should be ok.

Bangbang said:
I don't think the Bullet would work in low temps unless you keep it away from the wind.

That's probably correct about the wind. But you can smoke the meat and then finish in the oven as I described in a previous post.
We live in the Carolinas and when I have done smoking in the bullet style it was somewhat sheltered by the house.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom