New Yakitori grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadfix

Chef Extraordinaire
I just finished building a 3-foot long yakitori grill and fired it up last night using some charcoal. I cooked a few items so I can determine final charcoal grate height and size and number of intake holes needed.
I originally thought about painting it with black hi temp bbq paint but on second thought I might leave it raw for that rustic look. We don't get much rust around here so I'm not worrired about that. A coating of cooking oil will prevent some of that.

Here's a front view of the grill. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• P1070290.JPG
    P1070290.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 361
Thanks, I bought myself a light duty welder a couple of weeks ago and this was the first welding project I had in mind.

Stick or TIG? I watched a guy assemble a huge frame of 316 SS using a 110VAC TIG. Some of the steel was 4" square tube.

I got an 80 amp 110v inverter stick welder from Harbor Freight. Tiny box.

I hope you have better luck with your welder from Harbor Freight then we did. We got a mig welder, and had to take it back because it didn't work well. Got a replacement, and it worked ok for a bit and then quit working. When my husband went back the third time, they said that they didn't have any more of those left, and offered him a Hobart in trade for only $100 more. It was a great deal, and the Hobart works great. Only problem for others is, I don't think they sell the Hobart any more. :huh:

What a great first project. It looks wonderful!

I hope you have better luck with your welder from Harbor Freight then we did. We got a mig welder, and had to take it back because it didn't work well. Got a replacement, and it worked ok for a bit and then quit working. When my husband went back the third time, they said that they didn't have any more of those left, and offered him a Hobart in trade for only $100 more. It was a great deal, and the Hobart works great. Only problem for others is, I don't think they sell the Hobart any more. :huh:

Thank you.
I read a bunch of reviews, including some threads on a couple of welding forums before I decided to get this particular model. Even a few experienced welders seem to like this little stick welder and use it themselves for small jobs.
So far I'm liking this unit. I'm just sorry I didn't do this some 20 years ago. A small welder like this would have been great for the countless projects and repair jobs I've done over the years.

I have never liked wire fed welders.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom