Newbie smoker questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ronjohn55 said:
When I cook them on the smoker here at the house they generally take from 4 to 6 hours. Of course, I use an approach that probably isn't practical for a business model - They're done when they're done. :chef:
Kind of hard to tell that to a paying customer who's showing up for lunch or dinner.

John

I saw something on the Food Network show Unwrapped about this the other day! It was the process by which Chilis does their famous baby back ribs (can anyone hear that and not have the song go through their head?). Anyway, here is the process.

1. Apply dry rub to ribs (by the way, I think they said the ribs were from Portugal or Spain, supposedly the best)

2. Smoke ribs for several hours, then refridgerate

3. When customers order ribs, they finish them on the grill with a super-secret bbq sauce

4. Serve with plenty of wet naps for clean up!

Some friends of ours from New Mexico do vegetables in their Cookshack. We haven't tried it yet, but it sounds awesome!!

Good day people! I am new to smoking too, trying to smoke a pork roast today but have a question about temperature...the smoker doesn't seem to want to get over 150...is this normal? DRF

Its a brinkman, not a big one, just a small one, I read that the wind may have an effect on another site...it is a really windy day so I"m guessing that was it, it turned out okay...for the first attempt..

Last year I had an "experience" with Wind Chill keeping my smoker's temp down. I eventually had to pull the smoker closer to the house, where it was sheltered from the wind, and the temp spiked right on up to and over where I normally keep it. Thankfully I was keeping close tabs on the temp and stoppered down the intake to bring the temp down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom