Ordered a 22" WSM this afternoon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Village Idiot

Assistant Cook
So I finally got around to it and after procrastinating on it for the longest time, I ordered myself a WSM. I've lately been doing the duties with a 22" Weber Silver kettle style grill and it's been OK for some jobs, it's really not the easiest thing I've ever used.

I mean, I need something to smoke jalapenos on, so why not the biggest smoker that Weber makes? :neutral:

Just kidding. I do a bit of everything and the tipping point was the weekend before last where I fixed three racks of ribs in the oven since I couldn't bring myself to cut them to peices so they'd fit on the grill.

Can't wait until I get it delivered and up and running.

Enjoy your new WSM!
As well, I wish I had more space on my 22" OTG. I usually end up cutting my spareribs and racking them when I'm smoking 2 slabs. During many instances I wish I had a 26" kettle.

But hopefully within the next few weeks I will be smoking my ribs in my new wood fired 34" brick pizza oven I'm currently in the middle of building.

It's here! My room mate tried to go outside yesterday and R2D2 was blocking him from leaving.

I'm wanting to do a test run, so I was thinking about trying a fruit roll up after work...maybe some chicken mcnuggets.

It's here! My room mate tried to go outside yesterday and R2D2 was blocking him from leaving.

I'm wanting to do a test run, so I was thinking about trying a fruit roll up after work...maybe some chicken mcnuggets.

no way, get yourself some lump charcoal and smoke up a fatty or a chuckie. oh fatty is a stuffed sausage, not the item that puts people in a daze...

BTW, what type of camera are you using, and what version of photoshop. I noticed that the contrast is a bit deeper with that above photo. so you must either have a good canon or nikon with either PS7 or cs 2

no way, get yourself some lump charcoal and smoke up a fatty or a chuckie. oh fatty is a stuffed sausage, not the item that puts people in a daze...

BTW, what type of camera are you using, and what version of photoshop. I noticed that the contrast is a bit deeper with that above photo. so you must either have a good canon or nikon with either PS7 or cs 2

Did two pork shoulders this weekend. It's only an iPhone photo as it was 8:30 in the morning and I didn't have the patience to grab my camera gear...not as hungover as I was.

My main camera now is a Canon 5D MKII and I was using a Canon 85 f/1.8 for the above photo. Photo Shop CS5. I have a photography business, so I try and stay on top of gear/promgrams that I need.

Did two pork shoulders this weekend. It's only an iPhone photo as it was 8:30 in the morning and I didn't have the patience to grab my camera gear...not as hungover as I was.

My main camera now is a Canon 5D MKII and I was using a Canon 85 f/1.8 for the above photo. Photo Shop CS5. I have a photography business, so I try and stay on top of gear/promgrams that I need.

so the pepper shot was with the iPhone? Hmm thats cool you have a photography business. I have an assc. in graphic desighn and photoshop. HAHA i still use PS7 cuz im poor as heck. Anyway, i thought the pepper shot was from a cannon due to the contrast and color of it.

so the pepper shot was with the iPhone? Hmm thats cool you have a photography business. I have an assc. in graphic desighn and photoshop. HAHA i still use PS7 cuz im poor as heck. Anyway, i thought the pepper shot was from a cannon due to the contrast and color of it.

The peppers were done with the 5D MKII and 85 f/1.8, the picture of the two pork shoulders were done with the iPhone.

Sounds delicious. Do you rub it first?
Yup, rub it with your fav beef rub and then slow cook to perfection. Beware, the internal temp will stay at about 165 for a couple of hours before it moves. It can take bout 6 hours to cook at 225F

Back
Top Bottom