Problem with charbroil RED Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

securicor

Assistant Cook
Hello all you Grillfans out there.

I am new to this forum and I love it, have read several tips and tricks that I will try on my Grill. I live in Sweden and it is very difficult for us to get those nice grills over here without spending a fortune... anyway, last time I was in the US I went to Home Depo and purshased a Charbroil RED together with alot of options around it. After a HUGE... problem :wacko: I finnally was able to get the grill into a car that was shipped overe here.
2 month later I was able to pick up my car and grill here in Sweden at the port. Very happy the grill was installed and I could "throw on some steaks" :chef:and enjoy my new toy...
After a couple of weeks I see that the original (VERY expensive) charbroil grill cover was fading in color...:mad:
I contacted charbroil customer service and explained my problem, I got as an answer that I better buy a aftermarket cover....:mad:
Now is my question to you.... is this a common problem for charbroil?

Anyone else that have this problem??

Thanks

I disagree with bowlingshirt. I used to cover my grill, but found it was pointless. My father never covers his grill and his is (I am guessing) about 15-20 years old and no sign of damage anywhere.

securicor, I wish I could give you advice, but I do not have the answer for you. I will say however that you received horrible customer service and if it were me I would call back and speak to a supervisor.

Thanks bowlingshirt....
I agree... that is the reason why I spend all the extra money for a nice "original" cover that you expect last longer that a couple of weeks before it looks bad!

The covers are vinyl and without ultra voilet protection the sun will cause fading in a very short period. What customer service is saying they make a cheap cover and you will have better luck an after market cover.

Back
Top Bottom