Question on oven smoking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
Ok I was in a store the other day picking up one of those choppers that Billy May's was pitching before he past away,

and I was in the grilling section of the store when my eye spotted a possible smoking solution for the winter time blues!

On a side note that chopper that Billy pitched actually works just as he said it does, And it makes quick work for mincing.

Anyways this smoker solution is a cast iron box about the size of a shoe box maybe a little smaller,

Anyway you can add it to a propane grill, gas grill, and I was wondering why I couldn't use it in the oven, or would it smoke too much in a confined space?

By the way I know that winter isn't here yet!

Stove top smokers have been around for a while. There are cast iron and steel ones.

The lid fits tightly so there isn't a lot of smoke due to the restricted air flow. However, you need good ventilation to the outside to keep the fire department from chopping down your door.

Chili Chef is already ignoring all my posts as fluff. You will miss the gold amongst the coal if you do that.

I just fire up the smoker outside. I really don't care what the temperature is. Fire might need a bit more attention during the winter than during the summer, but, if anything, the cold air actually helps you regulate temperature in the smoker better, preventing hotspots...

you 2 made me do a spit take!! easy wider magnum? LOL:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Chili Chef is already ignoring all my posts as fluff. You will miss the gold amongst the coal if you do that.
No I wasn't trying to ignore anything mate, I was just trying to figure out what you've said and after reading what MsMfet said it's like Oh duh you made a smokers joke!

If you want to smoke something without all the hassle get an electric Brinkmann Gourmet smoker. I picked one up at Home Depot for like $60. Works quite well and very convenient for a cheap unit. Of course, you must use this outdoors.

If you want to smoke something without all the hassle get an electric Brinkmann Gourmet smoker. I picked one up at Home Depot for like $60. Works quite well and very convenient for a cheap unit. Of course, you must use this outdoors.
Thank you Roadfix, right now that's out of the question since I want to keep inside until next summer when I can afford a real smoker, I mean one of those nice gun case looking smokers and I may just stay with the makeshift smoker that Tyler mentioned on his show.

Thank you Roadfix, right now that's out of the question since I want to keep inside until next summer when I can afford a real smoker, I mean one of those nice gun case looking smokers and I may just stay with the makeshift smoker that Tyler mentioned on his show.

I am designing a cold smoker right now. A large cabinet with a separate smoke chamber. I am working on the chimney right now. I need it to be telescoping as I want to use distance to control temperature.

I have a desire to smoke sausage, hams, cheese, spices, jalipenos...

Back
Top Bottom