"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Gear: Grills, Smokers & Pits

Old 08-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #21
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
Well now, if the snake is of any decent size, they are mighty good grilled.
'Course, nobody here will eat snake but me.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no...never, nope!

Old 08-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

No, no, no, no, no, no, no...never, nope!
(Tastes like) Chicken!

Old 08-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #23
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
(Tastes like) Chicken!
I don't care what it tastes like...nonononononononononono!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

I don't care what it tastes like...nonononononononononono!
Oh shoot, now you got me curious, PF. I'll have to wait for someone to grill a big snake. We have a lot of baby garter and milk snakes, I wouldn't hurt them, they're so cute.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #25
Head Chef

A couple years ago we pulled the cover off the grill to kick off the season. DH didn't think anything about it since it was stored outside and our deep winter typically kills everything. Wrong. It was dark by time burgers were ready and he gets a little light from our kitchen so he just took the plate out, opened the grill and threw everything on. As we were eating, I kept finding these little hairs on the meat and since we have a cat and dog, I thought it was kind of weird but really I didn't think anything of it. About 1/4 of the way, though, DH got a really funky bite and we stopped eating. We got a flashlight and when we opened the grill to inspect, we found a rather large mouse nest and the charred remains of a little family. It's the only time I've lost my stomach over something gross. Needless to say, we check the grill every spring now.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMediger View Post
A couple years ago we pulled the cover off the grill to kick off the season. DH didn't think anything about it since it was stored outside and our deep winter typically kills everything. Wrong. It was dark by time burgers were ready and he gets a little light from our kitchen so he just took the plate out, opened the grill and threw everything on. As we were eating, I kept finding these little hairs on the meat and since we have a cat and dog, I thought it was kind of weird but really I didn't think anything of it. About 1/4 of the way, though, DH got a really funky bite and we stopped eating. We got a flashlight and when we opened the grill to inspect, we found a rather large mouse nest and the charred remains of a little family. It's the only time I've lost my stomach over something gross. Needless to say, we check the grill every spring now.
ewww, I would probably have lost my supper too. Then I would start to feel guilty about the poor, little mice.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Gah! Great story and good advice, JMediger!
Old 08-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

I saw a mouse one time crawling from the grate to the bottom when I opened the grill. I'm surprised I haven't seen more.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #29
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Reminds me of a joke about a cowboy sitting at the counter of a greasy spoon, staring at his bowl of chili. Another customer comes in
and sits down beside the cowboy. He looks at the cowboy, then at the bowl. He asks the cowboy if the chili is any good.
The cowboy motions to the bowl in front of him and says "Help yourself."
The guy takes the bowl of chili and commences to eat heartily.
After a few spoonfuls, the guy discovers a mouse in the bowl of chili and he immediately loses his lunch right back in the chili bowl.
The cowboy says, "Yep, that's as far as I got, too."
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
Reminds me of a joke about a cowboy sitting at the counter of a greasy spoon, staring at his bowl of chili. Another customer comes in
and sits down beside the cowboy. He looks at the cowboy, then at the bowl. He asks the cowboy if the chili is any good.
The cowboy motions to the bowl in front of him and says "Help yourself."
The guy takes the bowl of chili and commences to eat heartily.
After a few spoonfuls, the guy discovers a mouse in the bowl of chili and he immediately loses his lunch right back in the chili bowl.
The cowboy says, "Yep, that's as far as I got, too."
ROFL!!!

Tags
grill