"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Outdoor Cooking Forum > Gear: Grills, Smokers & Pits
Old 07-07-2005, 10:22 AM   #11
Master Chef

I dont think I'd ever consider another brand

jennyema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #12
Master Chef
I'm a die-hard charcoal user and probably always will be. But even there, I've not found anything superior to Webber, and most far inferior. And just from an engineering standpoint, look at the quality construction. The only way I could get a grill more to my liking would be if I had it custom built from boiler-plate steel, lined with fire-brick, and then with a reflective inner surface. And it would have to be parabolic, with a very large focal point for the reflected heat. And the outside would have to be painted with heat-proof paint to rustproof it. And then there would have to be an inderect fire-box with a channeled plenum to direct smoke to the food. And of course air control for maintaining correct temperature would be crucial.

I neither have time or money for my dream barbecue grill/smoker. But the Webber comes very close to what I would build, and probably does it better.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:23 PM   #13
Executive Chef
Weber. The grates on the Char-Broil brands don't hold up as well.

But, if you really want to invest in a good grill, then Viking blows Weber out of the water.
"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
ironchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:43 AM   #14
Assistant Cook
Thanks for all the advice. I think I have no choice but to pay the extra money for the Weber.
shifting_leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:22 PM   #15
Head Chef
Weber here too. I've never used anything else that even comes close...
RPCookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 04:42 PM   #16
Assistant Cook
Send a message via ICQ to Winglover
I have a Bakers and Chef Gas Grill from Sams Club. Him and I went through 3 moves together in the last 7 years. I just replaced the burners and grates. I guess I am gonna get another 6 years out of it. Oh yeah I had to replace these cheesy wheels with some more manly off-road heavy duty wheels.
Not sure if Webber or Charboil is better but I would go with a Bakers and Chef again.
As for Webber being a quality product I can only say that I LOVE my Webber Kettle Gold. I think thats another bbq thats gonna last for years.

From a Wing hater to a Wing Lover....

Winglover is offline   Reply With Quote