I bought this 2lbs package of Ball's Preserving & Pickling Salt ( thought it was something else) and it has a recipie on the back for Traditional Bread & Butter Pickles that I want to try. But I have a couple questions. . . .
1. 10 cups sliced trimmed pickling cucumbers
2. 4 medium onions, thinly sliced
3. 1/2 cup Ball's Simpe Creations Preserving & Pickling Salt
4. Cold Water
5. 3 cups vinegar, 5% acidity
6. 2 cups sugar
7. 2 Tbsp mustard seed
8. 1 tsp celery seed
9. 1 tsp ground turmeric
* How big is a medium Onion and what kinda onions do I need to use?
* What kinda vinegar do I use? Apple Cider or White?
I called their hot line but you can't get through. I got ahold of a message machine and left a message on my questions and the person that called me back must have just been their for moral support because she couldn't answer my questions.