Can I Freeze canned beans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KRieger

Assistant Cook
How well do canned black beans freeze along with other vegetables? Thank you.

Baked beans freeze fine. Don't know about other kinds other then the cans that have frozen in the back of my fridge which never seem to have problems when I defrosted them.

Why would you want to freeze canned beans? You either can something or freeze it. Both are ways of preserving food. There is no need to do both.

Why would you want to freeze canned beans? You either can something or freeze it. Both are ways of preserving food. There is no need to do both.
My guess is they didn't use all the beans in a can they used. I've had that problem before so I understand.

Since your question was, "How well do canned black beans freeze along with other vegetables" - I'm guessing this is a dish that is already cooked which includes canned black beans and some other vegetables?

Yes - you can freeze it without any problems.

There's no problem freezing canned beans, as long as you take them out of the can first.

I add lots of canned beans to my turkey &/or chicken chilis & freeze them all the time. The beans thaw & recook just fine.

Plus, when you think about it, frozen food departments carry frozen lima, cranberry, pinto, black-eyed, & other beans that are partially cooked. I think freezing should go just fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom