Can I freeze crescent rolls ahead of time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chachi

Assistant Cook
I am making these appetizers with crescet rolls and have filling on the inside, it's for a big party and I wanted to make them ahead of time and freeze them and then just either cook them or reheat. any advice?

chachi said:
I am making these appetizers with crescet rolls and have filling on the inside, it's for a big party and I wanted to make them ahead of time and freeze them and then just either cook them or reheat. any advice?

You can freeze them uncooked but would hafto let them thaw before baking or go ahead and bake them till they are just done and reheat be sure they are completley cooled before freezing baked ones.

I recently catered my nephew's graduation party. I had an appetizer that used those canned crescent rolls (I think this is what you are talking about) that my nephew requested. The pastry was the crust of a ham tartlette. The party was for 150, so I was in the same boat as you.

I made up the "raw" tartlettes and froze them in their baking tins. Once they froze and set up, I put them in zippy bags and put them back in the freezer. To cook, I just pulled out a few dozen at a time, put them in the baking tins and baked them from the frozen state.

Worked beautifully!

Back
Top Bottom