"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Farm to Table > Canning and Preserving

Old 06-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Can I freeze crescent rolls ahead of time?

I am making these appetizers with crescet rolls and have filling on the inside, it's for a big party and I wanted to make them ahead of time and freeze them and then just either cook them or reheat. any advice?

Old 06-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi
I am making these appetizers with crescet rolls and have filling on the inside, it's for a big party and I wanted to make them ahead of time and freeze them and then just either cook them or reheat. any advice?
You can freeze them uncooked but would hafto let them thaw before baking or go ahead and bake them till they are just done and reheat be sure they are completley cooled before freezing baked ones.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:31 AM   #3
Sous Chef

I recently catered my nephew's graduation party. I had an appetizer that used those canned crescent rolls (I think this is what you are talking about) that my nephew requested. The pastry was the crust of a ham tartlette. The party was for 150, so I was in the same boat as you.

I made up the "raw" tartlettes and froze them in their baking tins. Once they froze and set up, I put them in zippy bags and put them back in the freezer. To cook, I just pulled out a few dozen at a time, put them in the baking tins and baked them from the frozen state.

Worked beautifully!