Canning Green Beans and Beets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josie1945

Head Chef
The garden has been generous this spring. I canned 15 1/2 pints of beets yesterday. Canned 5 quarts of blue lake green beans today. They are delish, Green beans for dinner tonight. Should have cucumbers and tomatoes by next week. :whistling

Josie

Last edited:
The garden has been generous this spring. I canned 15 1/2 pints of beets yesterday. Canned 5 quarts of blue lake green beans today. They are delish, Green beans for dinner tonight. Should have cucumbers and tomatoes by next week. :whistling

Josie
WOW Josie, you have wonderful bounty, I can hardly wait for mine to start to yeild some goodies.
kadesma:)

Josie, you've been a busy little bee. Our tomatoes are only about the size of a marble - the only edibles we have other than herbs.

The garden continues to give. I canned 7 quarts of Blue Lake green beans yesterday. I opened a jar of the beets that I canned last week and they were great. I used Splenda instead of sugar in them and can't tell the difference.

Josie

Josie, I served pickled beets on Easter. We love them but didn't think anyone else in the family did. Our son in law said to please make him some the next time I made them. We don't have a garden but I'm looking for a source that has the extra large cans of beets. I haven't been successful yet. It seems everything else is available but no beets - so far.

Josie, I served pickled beets on Easter. We love them but didn't think anyone else in the family did. Our son in law said to please make him some the next time I made them. We don't have a garden but I'm looking for a source that has the extra large cans of beets. I haven't been successful yet. It seems everything else is available but no beets - so far.

Licia, This is the first year we have gotten Beets to grow. I grew them in a raised bed. I don't have any idea where you could find a gallon can of beets to pickle. Have you tried Sam's Club?

Josie

you are so lucky. Northwest has been so cool this year will be surprised to get much of anything from our garden. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom