Claussen Kosher Pickle Copycat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettyR

Senior Cook
I found this recipe on the web and tweaked it just a little to suit my taste. It is a really good recipe and the closest to Claussen's that I've ever found. I got the 1 gallon food storage jugs at Walmart. My garden is going wild this year and I can barely keep up with my canning, freezing and making pickles. These are refrigerator pickles so they will have be kept in the frig. but we keep an extra frig in the garage for storing things we don't have room for in the house. I plan to put as many jars up as I have room for.
[FONT=&quot]Claussen Kosher Pickle Copycat[/FONT]

Ingredients

• 1 gallon cucumbers
  • 1/3 cup dehydrated minced onion
  • 2 teaspoons dehydrated minced garlic or 6 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
  • 4 teaspoons dill seed
  • 1 1/2 quarts water
  • 2 cups cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup canning salt…(I couldn’t find canning salt so I just used plain table salt with no iodine)
[FONT=&quot]Slice cucumbers lengthwise into quarters add to jars.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Boil liquids and seasonings for 5 minutes to dissolve the salt and wake up the flavors, then cool. Pour over pickles and let sit on counter for three days turning them occasionally. Then refrigerate. They will keep for a year.[/FONT]

Please do not try to use the regular grocery store cucumbers, they have wax on them and they will not turn out. You can use grocery store pickling cucumbers, as they are not waxed.

img_900470_0_d10e9a6a783024bb9c03b2c32c9ef5c6.jpg

Claussen Pickles

I originally posted this recipe of Recipezaar. This is an excellent recipe. Posted didn't tweek the recipe so much that it would change the flavor. I do recommend you use Mortons Canning salt instead of table salt as table salt has extra chemicals that could change the results. Happy canning! By the way we are just finishing our last gallon from last fall and they a still tasty and crunchy!!

Oh those sound so good! I love pickles or pickled anything. I have decided that I need my work week to be the weekend -- long so I can have time to try all these recipes and my weekend to be my work week. I would just like to paid the same amount!

I originally posted this recipe of Recipezaar. This is an excellent recipe. Posted didn't tweek the recipe so much that it would change the flavor. I do recommend you use Mortons Canning salt instead of table salt as table salt has extra chemicals that could change the results. Happy canning! By the way we are just finishing our last gallon from last fall and they a still tasty and crunchy!!
recipezaar link: Claussen Kosher Pickle Copycat Recipe - Food.com - 249520

Back
Top Bottom