Crock pickles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blooms_veggies

Assistant Cook
Im wanting to make crock pickles for my husband, but I cant find a crock anywhere. Can I use something else to make them in?

thanks abunch
Jackie

The old crocks are not as common as they once were (you could buy them at any hardware store) ... but they are still available. Here are some sources.

You could probably use a wide-mouth 1-gallon glass jar ... just use a zip-lock bag of water for the weight on the top. It would be flexible enough to get through the mouth of the jar. Or, you could use a 5-gallon food-grade plastic bucket with a suitable weight on top.

thats a pickle crock huh? I thought it was just where my mom threw old magazines!

I keep all my pasta, noodles, rice, flours, meal, sugar in
1 gallon and 5 gallon, wide mouth jars I got from a diner up north. They are all glass. They had hotdog relish, mayo, ketchup, pickles, pickled peppers and other stuff in them. Try getting them from those sources, or soup kitchens, churches who feed many, catering halls, but some kitchen stores still carry them also.
I have 20+ and would love to have some more for backup. (So many kinds of pasta)
I love that I can see what's in them and how much.
Pickles - my favorite!​

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom