Dehydrator Forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
Does anyone know of a dehydrator forum out there? I searched, but was unable to find anything which surprised me.

I doubt there'd be enough call for one, small niche and all that. Did you try looking up the manufacturer of yours to see if there is something on their website?

Having fun with yours? I borrow a neighbours every so often. Its fun. Just remember do NOT eat an entire bucket of dried apple slices. Bad idea.

It is a small niche, but I would think there would be enough interest that there would at least be forums. I have seen forums for subjects much less popular than dehydrating.

Yeah I checked the manufacturers website, but no luck.

I am having a lot of fun with mine. The kids are really enjoying it a lot too. We always make sure to have a drink next to us while we are eating the dried stuff so that we do not have issues later. I learned that in college when my roommate would eat uncooked ramen noodles without any liquid and not understand why his belly hurt.

Apples are binding as well, so you need to be careful not to eat too many or things just STOP. LOL.

I think my favorite thing to do with the dehydrator was to dry all my mint leaves. Made great tea that year. I tried it with the basil leaves but it wasn't nearly as successful. They were good, but of course, they are better fresh or frozen.

Does anyone know of a dehydrator forum out there? I searched, but was unable to find anything which surprised me.

I don't know of one, but I'd bet you could find a forum where they discuss cooking and ask them to start one.

Just a thought.

LMAO! Smart arse Andy. I actually think that might fly around here.

Where do you think guys? Canning and Preserving?

I will have a TON of mint this year if last year was any indication so I will be doing plenty of mint drying I am sure.

Andy, you do not know the half of it. He was the weirdest eater I have ever met. He was from Thailand and had lived around the world in at least 15 different countries (his dad was an ambassador for Thailand). We thought his weird eating habits might have been cultural until we spoke to his mom who was just as disturbed as we were. His favorite snack when where he took a hot dog bun and put three scoops of ice cream in then ketchup and topped with some sort of meat like bologna. He would look at us like we were the strange ones for not liking it. He could be right though because I never did taste it so for all I know it could be delicious. That is one I will resign myself to never enjoying though.

LMAO! Smart arse Andy. I actually think that might fly around here.

Where do you think guys? Canning and Preserving?
Lets get back to reality folks. That is just a ridiculous idea. Never gonna happen here.

On a more serious note, the reason I am looking elsewhere and not hear is because of what Alix said in the beginning. It is a very small niche. While we have a very active forum here, there are not many into dehydrating so it seems. I was hoping to find a place where people actively discuss it. What works, what doesn't work, what they are trying now, how they have overcome problems, etc. DC is normally great for that sort of thing, but with something this specialized the traffic is just not enough.

Understood GB. Maybe we could try it for a bit and if there isn't enough traffic to warrant it staying it can go. Canning isn't an especially busy section as it is. Perhaps just starting threads in Preserving would be enough?

Well we already have the dehydrator sub forum. Turning it into a parent forum would not change the amount of people here who are into it. I am fine either way, but I would not expect a change like that to change the level of interest. Just my thoughts though. I have been known to be wrong in the past, just ask my wife.

Back
Top Bottom