Do you need to skin cherry tomatoes before dehydrating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_psychosis

Senior Cook
Do you need to skin cherry tomatoes before dehydrating? If not will the skin get crunchy? (I want them to be like store bought dehydrated tomatoes, the consistancy of raisins) Thanks.

No,

I typically cut in halves; sprinkle on seasoning of some type (usaully salt and basil). and cook at 150-200 for 10-15mins... pending size of tomatoes moisture content etc....

Then freeze...

0:

I agree with zerobane. There is no need to skin them. I have never done cherry tomatoes though. I usually do Romas. I cut in half and scoop out the seeds. Place on a cookie sheet cut size up and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle some salt. I usually don't use other herbs or spices, but you certainly can if that is what you want. Unlike zerobane though, I cook mine much longer. I set my over as low as it goes and I will generally go anywhere from 8-12 hours. I like my tomatoes dry and chewy. The longer you dry them the longer they will last. 8-12 hours will let you store them for months, not that they would last that long without being eaten.

Back
Top Bottom