Favorite jam/jelly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
I probably will never learn enough English to comprehand the difference between jam and jelly. But anyway here it is. White cheries with slices of lemon and red cheries, my second favorite.
Was going to add pick in the Members picture but for some reason it owuld not work. Will try to do it here right now.

Attachments

• Jam.jpg
    Jam.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 226
Seedless raspberry jam. So good with buttered toast, or topping a 3 Muscateers bar, or with dark chocolate, or even blended into a chocolate buttercream icing. Of course, I could just eat it with a spoon.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Raspberry/Merlot Jam
Grapefruit/Orange/Lemon "marmalade" (but not chunky, hence the quotation marks. more like a blend between jam and jelly, no big chunks, but with some zest, sunshine in a jar!)
Peach/Captain Morgan Jam

Plum jam.

My great grandmother used to make it, from plums that grew on a tree in her front yard, they had a unique flavor and I have never been able to duplicate the flavor. She never used a recipe or measured anything, and she wasn't a very good cook, but the jam was so good. Because she wouldn't measure anything, some years we would get some really nice plum syrup!:LOL:

I put up 20 half pints of wild black raspberry jam (with the seeds) this summer. I love the flavor. For breakfast for the past month I have been having a slice of ww toast, smeared with some natural chunky peanut butter and topped with the jam :D

i made some jam/jelly with lemons and strawberries simmered together. it was great. i also saw that someone was doing some jalapeño jam that looked real good. i think i need to experiment.

Apricot jam where a 6 ounce package of California dried apricots -- the ones that are dried after being halved -- is first soaked overnight, drained well, then ground first before fresh apricot halves are ground to complete the quantity needed to make a batch of jam. The flavor is so much richer as is the color.

I love wild blackberry jam and apple jelly!

CharlieD, I learned the difference just recently between jelly, jam, and preserves.

• Jelly is made with fruit juice and therefore is usually clear and has no fruit bits.
  • Jam is made from crushed fruit or fruit pulp, usually contains fruit bits, and is usually less clear, but it is usually not as gelled as jelly.
  • Preserves are made from fruit chunks or whole fruit surrounded by syrup or jam.
~Kathleen

I've just picked 5lbs of blackcurrants from my garden and made some jam. It's an annual ritual along with picking and freezing my broad beans and peas. Then there will be a lull before I tackle the sweetcorn. Busy busy!

Fig preserves - by far. My 85 year old aunt makes us some every year and they are so good on toast or biscuits. My sister puts sour cream with hers. I take mine without.

I love wild blackberry jam and apple jelly!

CharlieD, I learned the difference just recently between jelly, jam, and preserves.

• Jelly is made with fruit juice and therefore is usually clear and has no fruit bits.
  • Jam is made from crushed fruit or fruit pulp, usually contains fruit bits, and is usually less clear, but it is usually not as gelled as jelly.
  • Preserves are made from fruit chunks or whole fruit surrounded by syrup or jam.
~Kathleen

Oh, good, thank you, now I know that I make preserves.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom