How can I make pastrami at home ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidsbirthdays

Assistant Cook
Ever had a yearning for something you used to easily get and no longer can? I would love to have a decent pastrami sandwich, and decent deli doesn't exist in Alabama. Decided to make my own. Got a recipe for corned beef out of the Charcuterie Cook book, and the brisket is sitting in brine in the refrigerator. But I do have cook it, and wondered if I could convert it to pastrami? Or, if I have to start from scratch, I am willing to do that. But could use some practical suggestions.
Thanks

You may have to wait until tomorrow to get an answer. I wish I could help but I can't. (glad you could finally login) :chef:

You should be able to, since you're on the first step, which is the same for both.

After the salt step, pastrami is dried and coated with spices. I've never done it, but I'm sure there are numerous recipes available from a google search.

good suggestion

Thanks Andy for your suggestion. I did go on line and did a google search. Think it will be an interesting experience to work on. Just wish my husband hadn't ruined my smoker, but this might be an incentive to get a new one.
Susan

Back
Top Bottom