ISO recipe/help for making pineapple jelly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
After making coconut-pineapple bars yesterday, I was left with more pineapple juice from the drained pineapple. I use it to make glazes, etc, but I've accumulated an astonishing quantity that I've stored in the freezer.

I decided that I could use the juice to make pineapple jelly. I scanned my canning books and the Internet, but came up with zippity-do-dah! Essentially all the recipes call for "first, get a fresh pineapple." I don't want to get a fresh pineapple. I just want to use up my juice.

I've done plenty of canning, but next to none when it comes to jams and jellies, so this is unfamiliar territory for me.

Other than adding some sugar and lemon juice and some pectin, does anyone have a recipe or suggestions on how I can turn my juice into jelly?

Please educate me. TIA

Can't help with the jelly, but a bottle of Malibu and some ice would take care of the leftover juice.

Hmmm, I did a Google search for "Pineapple Jelly" and came up with quite a few, mostly mixed with another fruit for balance, but as you said it is basically the juice, lemon juice, sugar, and pectin.

Jelly can be created from just about any juice, canned, bottled, or fresh, and is even done with Kool-Aid.

Jams and Preserves requires the whole fruits.

The hard part of jams and jellies is knowing and reaching that consistency where it will gel.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom