Jam poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what is your favorite jam/jelly?

• apple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • grape

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • plum

• orange marmalade

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • peach

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • raspberry/strawberry/blackberry(berry)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • fig

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • pineapple

• elderberry

• mine's not listed...

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Humm ... I guess track 14 of Bob Marley's "Legend" album doesn't count ..."Jamming" ? :cool:

I do jams, preserves, butters and marmalades to give as gifts every Christmas - jellies are too much work. As the fruits come into season (best flavor and cheapest) I'll put up apple and pear butter; apricot, peach and fig preserves; orange marmalade; and if they available blackberry jam.

I really depends on what is available and looks good.

Michael, what type figs do you use for your preserves? My aunt has a brown turkey fig tree and makes me several jars every year. I must keep them hidden from dh because he thinks a serving is about a cup.

Michael in FtW said:
Humm ... I guess track 14 of Bob Marley's "Legend" album doesn't count ..."Jamming" ? :cool:

I do jams, preserves, butters and marmalades to give as gifts every Christmas - jellies are too much work. As the fruits come into season (best flavor and cheapest) I'll put up apple and pear butter; apricot, peach and fig preserves; orange marmalade; and if they available blackberry jam.

I really depends on what is available and looks good.

Michael, I want to be on your Christmas list. I love blackberry jam. My Grandma used to make blackberry jam every summer. One summer the jam did not thicken very well. It was great though because we used it anyways and it made great syrup for pancakes.:)

I have multiple choke-cherry bushes in my yard, and about 5 blue-berry bushes. Teh blue-berry bushes don't give me much yet. Another couple years and they'll be producing for me.

But my prize is a bunch of wild raspberry bushes growing alongside my garage. My favorite all time jam is seedless, wild, red-raspberry jam. And with the help of my handy-dandy juicer, it's now much, much easier to produce than with my potato ricer and cheesecloth (man, was that ever a lot of work!). Put that jam on some whole-wheat toast, along with a bit of real Amish Butter (just the right salt content to complement the jam) and you're eating a bit of heavenly food. And for a truly decadent treat, spread some of that presious jam on top of a 3-Muskateers bar. It just doesn't get any better than that. And that's saying a lot from a guy who loves all kinds of foods as much as I do.

I'd even go so far as to say that it's almost better than home-made maple-nut ice cream, made with real maple syrup.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom