Just made some jam for the first time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Letscook, I used the recipe in Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving (2006) which I think is about the same as the one on pectin box. I chopped the apricots in the food processor so they were pretty fine.

Just made black currant jelly/jam. Yum. Next in line are appricots an cherries.

I have not had a good luck with strawberries however. They are always so watery that the end result is far from satisfactory. I don't know what to do about this. I love strawberry jam/jelly.

I also make jams and give them to friends and family. Whatever fruit is in season and I can get my hubby out to pick it, I can away. This year I have made strawberry, strawberry & red raspberry, and plum jam. I also had the opportunity to make some mulberry jam. I make both, freezer and canned jams. I always make mine seedless, it is so much better, and like you said, no seeds to get into your teeth. The picture of the jam was beautiful, makes you want to go est some.

mulberry

multerries come off a mulberry tree. They are a fruit, sorta look like a blackberry or boysenberry but not as fat/juicy. They are a(don't know a better word) tighter made berry.

yes, sorta looks like that, but does not have what I consider to be an awful bitter aftertaste when you eat a blackberry. My husband does not have the same thought on the blackberries as I do, he thinks they are sweet. The mulberry does not have a bitter aftertaste. It has a small stem on it like blueberries do enstead of the little crown looking thing a blackberry has.

Back
Top Bottom