Kadesma's overnight pickles (for babetoo)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
how do you do that, i put some carrots and cauliflower ref. pickles today. but they take three days. a salt free version.
I just take cucumbers not so big around to go into f/p slot cut them thin them put in container and pour over my solution of to 6 c of cukes pinch of salt, 1-1/2 c. sugar,1-1/2c vinegar, 1 tea. mustard seed, 1 tea. tumeric,1 tea. celery seed. Bring vinegar and everything to a boil pour over cucumbers let stand 5 min cover then put in fridg til next day. Be careful that first pickle it makes you cough but it sure is good. I've been thinking or let's say wondering if Splenda would work so I can make some for me. I eat some of these but not so much because of the sugar.
kades

certainly sounds easy enough. the splenda worked just fine for me. first batch i did was a little vinegary so add a tad more splenda this time. wish that stuff were not so expensive. thanks for the recipe.

They are full of vinegar but you get use to tham. I love them but havr learned to go slow the first couple of bites. Glad you like them.
kades

i pickled cauliflower. it is so good. did it in the fridg. three days and they are done. wonderful alone. can't wait to put in a salad. certainly no problem eating them up in a week. will certainly do again. oh by the way used frozen veg. blanch for 45 seconds in micro. perfect.

i pickled cauliflower. it is so good. did it in the fridg. three days and they are done. wonderful alone. can't wait to put in a salad. certainly no problem eating them up in a week. will certainly do again. oh by the way used frozen veg. blanch for 45 seconds in micro. perfect.
Thanks for telling me, I'll give them a try it sounds so good and I love cauliflower.
kades:)

Hey..I might have to try these!
They are good, but take a deep breat at first bite the vinegar is strong. My son ate almost of the entire first batch and I doubled that one.:LOL:
kades

I made dill pickles last night. I am going to try your recipe on my next batch. My 2 pickle plants are being quite prolific!

I am mentally out of it today Frank. Make fun of me all you want. If it worked for reports in 3rd grade it will work here.

Kades, this summer I made a BIG batch of these. Everyone loves them. Will probably have to make a second round.
I'm so pleased you like the pickles. I've made 3 batches of them. My oldest son keep cleaning me out:LOL:
kades

Back
Top Bottom