Making Fruit Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jojokt

Assistant Cook
I'm halfway through a recipe for making blackberry and apple cheese... I've made plenty of jams and chutneys before but this is my first attempt at a 'Cheese'. I've followed the instructions, boil the fruit with water then put through a sieve, but it's not clear as to whether it's the fruit bit that remains in the sieve or the juice bit that comes out I should be using for the next stage. For experienced cheese makers this probably seems a bit of a silly question but it'll make the whole difference to thesuccess of the recipe! Any help would be much appreciated!

I'm halfway through a recipe for making blackberry and apple cheese... I've made plenty of jams and chutneys before but this is my first attempt at a 'Cheese'. I've followed the instructions, boil the fruit with water then put through a sieve, but it's not clear as to whether it's the fruit bit that remains in the sieve or the juice bit that comes out I should be using for the next stage. For experienced cheese makers this probably seems a bit of a silly question but it'll make the whole difference to thesuccess of the recipe! Any help would be much appreciated!

Welcome to DC!

I have never heard of fruit cheese, but hopefully someone else here can help you.

Thank you! After four hours of debating with myself I decided to use the juice and it worked brilliantly!

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom