Mountain Dew Jelly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Mountain Dew Jelly

3 1/4 cups Mountain Dew
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 package Sure Jell pectin

Pour the Mountain Dew and lemon juice into a 6- to 8-quart pot. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 3 minutes. Let it cool slightly, then follow the Sure Jell directions. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.

NOTE: You can use more Mountain Dew and reduce it to 3 1/4 cups for a more concentrated flavor.

Yes! My dream of caffeinated toast will soon be a reality! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I would like to try this recipe sometime, though.)

I remember a neighbour of mine making Coke and Dr. Pepper jams when I was a child they tasted a bit like those "Sodalicious" candies! :)

I've been looking at the cakes in our local grocery store bakery: red Hawaiian Punch, blue Kool Burst, and orange Crush ...etc. How very creative! Ode to a new generation!

Just as well I read all the other posts. There was me thinking you'd have to be a really keen chef/cook to go out and collect all that dew, and wondering what on earth it would taste of!

Cool!

WOW I didnt know you could make Jelly from Mountain Dew...how cool is that! I will definetly have to try this one.

Hubby has this stuff pumpin through his veins... this should be right up his alley!!!

Raine said:
Mountain Dew Jelly

3 1/4 cups Mountain Dew
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 package Sure Jell pectin

Can you substitute crab juice for Mountain Dew? ;) (Obscure Simpsons reference...for serious fans. :) )

Ya know what? This is a seriously warped bunch of folks. But...in a good way!

Now back to our program, already in progress...

Think outside the box. Perhaps making jellies out of various soft drinks is a wonderful idea. Consider some of the citrus-based ones as an accompaniment to pork, chicken, etc. This could be a "good thing," in the words of Martha Stewart.

Can't help out on the soda jelly, but I have an excellent recipe for braised Little Debbie cakes with a crushed Cheez-It Gratin topping. I usually serve it with a good can of vintage pull-tab Coca-Cola. :LOL:

Seriously, if you put me in a room with a 6pk of Dew, the thought of making jelly with it wouldn't have come to me to save my life. I bet this could be marketed for a zillion bucks in the US. Even if they just released it as a fad product, it would make millions! ;)

You could package it in little foil pouches for the Red-Bull skate/snow boarding crowd. I see dollar signs... whats that sound??? *cha-ching... cha-ching*...

I just read the title and thought to myself that this is an awesome idea, great recipe will def have to try it sometime :D

Raine said:
Mountain Dew Jelly...

NOTE: You can use more Mountain Dew and reduce it to 3 1/4 cups for a more concentrated flavor.

Excuse my ignorance, Raine. I have not the foggiest idea what "Mountain Dew" is...:ermm: :wacko:

Actually... I hesitated to mention it earlier, but you can make jelly using sparkling wine. Cava jelly was a hit among English teachers in Barcelona a few years back. Dissolve the jelly in a small amount of very hot water. Leave to cool but not set and then top up with cava, stir gently and leave to set. You don't get a huge amount of fizz, but enough so as you know it's there.

Back
Top Bottom